Utrecht: IS, Iraq and the West, what's the real story?
The rise of ISIS, the antecedent government crackdown on protesters, and the umpteenth US bombardment are the latest episode in what some have called "the worst tragedy of the early 21st century".
In this edition of "What's the Real Story" we take an in-depth look at the root causes behind the latest episode of hard...ships Iraqis have to endure.
- How may we understand the current situation in Iraq?
- What are the interest befitting from this crisis?
- What is the connection with Syria?
- Can the current situation be traced back to the 2003 US-led invasion?
- What are the oppressed and silenced voices?
Join us for a lively evening and open discussion with Abulkasim Al-Jaberi.
Al-Jaberi is a political activist and has worked as a journalist in the Middle East.
Location: De Kargadoor – Utrecht Address: Oude Gracht 36 Date: Thursday, September 4th 2014 Time: 19:30
No registration required.
For questions: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Utrecht: IS, Iraq and the West, what's the real story?
- Kargadoor, Oude gracht 36, Utrecht
- 4 september 2014 om 19:30